Supporting both ends of the leash since 2006.
THE MILITARY WORKING DOG TEAM SUPPORT ASSOCIATION, INC. [MWDTSA] IS AN ALL-VOLUNTEER 501(c)(3) ORGANIZATION THAT WAS ESTABLISHED TO SUPPORT AMERICAN MILITARY WORKING DOGS AND THEIR HANDLERS.
The purposes driving MWDTSA are as varied as the roles played by Military Working Dog Teams. MWDTSA supports dog teams currently deployed in harm’s way, promotes veteran dog handler causes and events, advocates for retired military working dogs (MWD), educates the public and raises funds for War Dog Memorials, among other MWD related objectives.
The MWDTSA has been recognized by military commands both stateside and in combat zones as a partner in supporting both ends of the leash by donating needed supplies and funding. Since 2006, using no paid staff or fund-raising companies, MWDTSA has provided:
- 3,536 quarterly care packages sent to deployed MWD teams of all services comprising $554,000 in purchased and donated goods and costing over $50,000 in postage.
- Conducted over 50 visits to stateside kennels to distribute approximately $23,000 in gifts for handlers and dogs.
- Provided over $25,000 in funds to honor fallen handlers and K9s; and
- Conducted over 90 recognition/public education events and visits to schools and civic groups.
MWDTSA FACT SHEET
The organization, Military Working Dog Team Support Association, Inc., (MWDTSA) was formed in Georgia in 2006 by Dixie Whitman and LTC Ken Besecker USA (Ret.). It was designed to coordinate, channel and encourage support from individuals, organizations and businesses to benefit active duty and retired U.S. military working dogs and handlers. MWDTSA provides a dedicated, innovative and responsive conduit to its donors that has for over 10 years delivered critical goods and services that fulfill the deployment needs of military dogs and their handlers.
Utilizing a diverse team of competent and devoted advocates who are connected to military working dog kennels and commands of all services, MWDSTSA solicits funding and in-kind product donations to meet requests in the following areas:
- K9 Health and Welfare
- K9 Training
- Retired Military Working Dogs
- Active Duty Dog Handler Welfare and Morale
- Retired Dog Handler Causes and Events
- Military Working Dog Memorials
- Educating the General Public on the History and Use of Military Dogs
America’s military working dogs and their handlers deserve our wholehearted support. Donations to or inquiries of MWDTSA may be completed through the website. Payments may be made via Pay Pal at mwdtsa.org or by sending a check to 3501 MacCorkle Ave., SE #326, Charleston, WV 25304-1419.